According to recent studies, romance novels were considered the top-grossing book genre with over $1.44 billion in sales in 2016. From romantic poems to lengthy love letters, expressing your feelings through the written word is a time-honored tradition and can be as impactful as Valentine’s Day flowers. But don’t worry, you don’t need to aim for a high word count to effectively tell someone how you feel.
Whether you’re looking to wake up a loved one with a heartfelt message or brighten their day with a thoughtful compliment, we’ve compiled a list of 70 love words and messages to show how much you care.
In every language, there are a variety of ways to say how much you care. If you’re looking for the perfect way to express how you feel about your favorite person, here are a few examples to get your message out loud and clear.
- When I tell you I love you, I don’t say it out of habit. I say it to remind you that you’re the best thing that ever happened to me.
- I love you for all that you are, all that you have been and all that you’re yet to be.
- And suddenly, all the love songs were about you.
- I love you more than I could ever really say.
- I wish I could turn back the clock. I’d find you sooner and love you longer.
- I didn’t know it was possible to love everything about someone until I met you.
- Have I mentioned how lucky I am to love you?
- I’m so grateful I get to love you.
- Falling in love with you was the easiest thing I’ve done in my life.
- When you fall in love with someone’s personality, everything about them becomes beautiful.
- I fancy the way your eyes shine when you smile.
- I totally, utterly and completely fancy you.
- There will come a time in your life when you fancy a single soul. This is that time for me.
- I fancy the way your eyes hold stories and the experiences your heart has had.
- I fancy the way your laugh can light up my day.
- I wish you could see yourself through my eyes, then maybe you’d understand why I fancy you.
- I fancy you and all of the wonderful things you’ve brought into my life.
- Fancying you is one of my favorite things to do.
- The day I met you, I found the piece of me I didn’t know was missing. I fancy you, this relationship and the better part of me you brought out.
- I fancy you.
- You are artwork I could admire forever.
- Humor, honesty, and patience are the traits I admire about you..
- Never lose sight of who you are, for that is the person I fell in love with and will always admire.
- I admire your honesty, your kindness and above all, your heart.
- Your beauty attracted me, but I admire you for the person you are and the joy you’ve brought to my life.
- I admire you for the wonderful person I’ve watched you become.
- You know me so well, inside out. Your deep acceptance of me is what I admire most about you.
- I admire the way you handle every challenge that is thrown your way. I’m proud of you.
- As time goes on, my love and admiration for you have increased tenfold.
- You continue to be someone I love, admire and respect without hesitation.
- From the top of your head to the tips of your toes, I adore everything and everywhere in between.
- You are irreplaceable and irresistible, I absolutely adore you.
- Thank you for adoring me the way you do.
- I could search my whole life and never find someone I adore as much as you.
- All I want to do is spend my days being with you, laughing with you and adoring you.
- Thank you for walking through this life with me. I’ll adore you every step of the way.
- You’re my favorite part of every day. I’m so glad I get to spend all of it adoring you.
- I adore the way you brighten up a room and most of all, brighten up my life.
- I will only adore you twice in my lifetime. That’s now and forever.
- Being with you, talking with you and laughing with you, that’s what I adore most.
- If you love something, love it completely, cherish it, say it, but most importantly, show it.
- I cherish our love that grows stronger each day.
- I promise to make you feel wanted, loved and cherished every single day.
- I cherish each and every moment I get to spend with you.
- The quiet moments, the sweet smiles and the silly jokes: these are the things I cherish most.
- Your kind heart and beautiful mind are just a few of the many things I cherish.
- Each and every day with you is a gift and I intend to cherish it every chance I get.
- I cherish you more than I could ever explain.
- You are exactly what I need in my life and I cherish every moment I spend with you.
- I cherish the strength, happiness, and protection that your love has given me.
If you’re looking for a more poetic way of expressing your feelings, borrow a line or two from one of your favorite writers. From passionate to wistful, here are several romantic quotes that have stood the test of time.
- “And if love be madness, may I never find sanity again.” –
John Mark Green
- “You are today and all of my tomorrows.” –
- “In case you ever foolishly forget: I am never not thinking of you.” –
- “They slipped briskly into an intimacy from which they never recovered.” –
F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “My heart is, and always will be, yours.” –
- “He’s more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” –
- “I exist in two places, here and where you are.” –
- “We were together. I forgot the rest.” –
- “So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.” –
- “You know, when it works, love is pretty amazing. It’s not overrated. There’s a reason for all those songs.” –
With over 6,000 living languages in the world, the language of love is one that seems to have no boundaries. This Valentine’s Day, tell your sweetheart how you really feel with one of the romantic phrases from above. From a bouquet of their favorite flowers to a short, sweet note, there are endless ways to show someone you care on this special day and every other day of the year.
A Word for My Love