Got PS5 Error CE-10005-6? There was a Problem Reading Disc?
Are you seeing this error message on your screen?
you are not the only one
because many other users have the same issue
So, before solving your PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6,
let’s answer some questions
that will be on your mind right now.
What is PS5 Error CE-100005-6? Something Went Wrong?
PS5 Error CE-10005-6 means that you cannot download or install any game at the moment and usually occurs when you are trying to install the game through a disc.
You should try cleaning the disk properly with a soft cotton cloth and the rest you will found out in Solution 3.
What are the causes of PS5 Error CE-10005-6?
PS5 Error CE-10005-6
can occur due to:
- Slow internet
- Disk with dusk or scratches.
- It occurs when you are installing a game or downloading and if your internet connection is not stable which will lead to
PS5 Error CE-10005-6.
How do I fix error CE 10005 6?
The following video and below-recommended solutions can help you fix error CE 10005 6:
Clear The Dust In Your PS5
Try inserting a Disk Into Your PS5
Power Cycle Your PS5
And, lastly, you can Reboot Your PS5 in Safe Mode
Video Guide For PS5 Error CE-10005-6
Solution 1: Clear The Dust In Your PS5
Sometimes the dust in your PS5 can lead to the PS5 Error CE-100005-6.
So, if you are thinking about how to clear the dust on your PS5?
All you need to do is:
- Take a soft cotton cloth
- Wipe the disc clean making sure there are no scratches
- Do it for 5 minutes
- Also, try blowing into the vents or disk drive.
Once done with this, then start your PS5 and see if the PS5 Error CE-100005-6 has been solved.
FIXED: PS5 Not Updating?
Editor’s Choice: Must Have PS5 Goodies
Solution 2: Insert a Disk Into Your PS5 to Fix PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6
Sometimes PS5 Error CE-10005-6 can be solved by inserting a disk into it.
Your console will detect the disk which will lead tosolving PS5 Error CE-10005-6.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Plug the power cable into your PS5
- Nowslowly insert your disk into yourStandard Edition PS5 and just keep pushing it Slowly and your console will turn on automatically.
- Now, pull your disk out from the console and your issue will be solved
And if this doesn’t work then continue reading the next solution
Solution 3: Power Cycling Your PS5 to fix PS5 Error CE-10005-6
This technique will completely shut down your PS5 making sure all the power is drained.
It willrecreate all the configurations before starting up.
So here’s how to power cycle PS5:
- Tap andHold thepower button on the console for at least 10 seconds until the blinking LED light turns off.
- Unplug the power plug from the back of the console.
- Now wait for 20 minutes and plugin everything back and try running PS5 and check if PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6 is solved.
Moving on to the next solution to fix PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6.
Solution 4: Reboot Your PS5 in Safe Mode
So restarting PS5 in safe mode has solved the error for many users.
You will not lose your personal data while using this solution.
Just follow the steps:
- Turn off your PS5 by pressing thepower button on the front panel.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear the second beep and will boot inSafe Mode.
- Now connect theDualSenseController and press thePS button on the controller to pair it.
- SelectRestart PS5and pressX to reboot your console in Safe Mode.
- If PS5 boots back into a safe loop then follow the next solution below.
FIXED: PS5 controller Not Connecting?
If you still couldn’t fix PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6 then continue to the next solution.
Solution 5: Check if the Play Station Network (PSN) is Down?
If you think your internet connection is working properly then PS5 Error CE-10005-6 might be due to PSN servers that will be undergoing maintenance.
So, all you can do is confirm that this problem exists.
How do I check my PSN status?
Here’s how you can check PSN status:
- Go to the PlayStation Network Service Status page.
- Check the
status and if there’s any issue all you have to do is wait.
- If the server issue is fixed then do check for
system software updates.
- And if the site won’t load then surely it’s your internet connection problem.
If you think there’s an internet problem then follow the
solution to fix PS5 Error CE-10005-6
Solution 6: Power Cycle Your Router to Fix PS5 Error CE-10005-6
If the above solution didn’t work then power cycling your router has worked for some users in fixing PS5 Error CE-10005-6.
How do I auto power cycle my router?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
your router completely by taking out the
- Now leave it for5 to 10
minutes and then plug it back in
- And check if the PS5 Error CE-10005-6 is solved
Make sure you restart those devices which are affected in the process for an accurate fix
You should have a powerful router like the one below to overcome PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6
QUICK BUY: TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router (Archer A7) -Dual Band Gigabit Wireless
Also Read: PS5 error code NP-107938-8
Solution 7: Contact PlayStation Support
If any of the above solutions didn’t work for you in fixing PS5 Error Code CE-10005-6 then the only thing you can do is visit Sony’s official website and go to PlayStation Fix and Replace
I hope you find these solutions helpful and if you got any questions, do comment in the comment section below.
Users Also Ask About
Error CE-10005-6 is disturbing GTA downloads when it reaches 37 GB?
If you are using a disc to download, try cleaning your disc thoroughly and blowing air into the disc drive.
Ps5 Error Ce 10005 6