Paramount Plus is one of the most popular streaming services available today that offer original content and hundreds of movies and TV shows.
You can access it through the app on your mobile device or connected TV. When using the Paramount Plus app, you expect the service to work seamlessly without glitches.
But that does not happen all the time. Sometimes the streaming app stops working, and you have to figure out how to fix it.
When the Paramount Plus app is not working, there are many reasons behind it with the most common reason being slow internet. Other times, there could be a temporary glitch that you can resolve by restarting the app or resetting your device.
And in many cases, Paramount could be experiencing a system-wide issue that has made the app stop working. Since many problems can occur, there is no better way of identifying them quickly without going through some troubleshooting steps on your end.
Common Paramount Plus app issues and how to fix them
The Paramount Plus app can stop working due to various issues. Here are various problems you may encounter and how to fix them.
1. Paramount Plus won’t let me log in
You can encounter different sign-in issues when using Paramount. For example, your email or password may return an invalid result, or the service may ask you to subscribe when you are already a member.
Try these solutions to fix login problems on Paramount Plus:
- Clear the cache and data from your device.
- Reset your password by tapping on Forgot Password.
- Ensure you are using the latest Paramount Plus app.
- Reboot your device.
- Check to ensure you have an active or stable internet connection.
The service may also fail to log you in because of technical difficulties on Paramount’s side. Therefore, you will have to wait until it gets restored.
You can monitor such situations through the company’s Twitter account.
2. Paramount Plus app keeps crashing
Paramount Plus can crash because of low memory. It could also happen because of streaming issues or poor internet connectivity.
Here is what you can do:
- Force-close the app and try again.
- Restart your device and open the app again.
- Clear app cache and data from the device settings.
You should also ensure that you are using a high-speed connection of at least 4 Mbps when streaming on Paramount Plus.
Alternatively, switch off your internet connection and then switch it back on to refresh the network.
3. How to fix streaming issues on Paramount Plus
Streaming issues can happen anytime and make it challenging for you to watch content.
For example, a problem may occur whereby you see a black screen or the app won’t play shows. You may also encounter an error, such as video unavailable.
Here are some troubleshooting steps to help you out.
- Restart your device.
- Force-stop the app from your device settings.
- Check your internet connectivity.
- Consider using a Wi-Fi connection instead of mobile data.
- If you are a WI-Fi, restart your modem and router, and then try again.
- Disable your VPN or proxy server, and then try again.
You can also fix Paramount Plus app loading issues by ensuring you are using the latest version of the application. Follow this activation guide if you have to install the app afresh.
4. Why Paramount Plus is not producing audio
There are three issues that Paramount users have reported with regards to audio. They include:
- The video is fine but there is no sound at all
- The audio doesn’t match the video
- The sound is choppy making it impossible to listen to the dialogue
To fix these issues, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure you are using the latest version of the Paramount Plus app. If not, update it.
- Force-close the app to stop it from running in the background and refresh it to start anew.
- Restart your streaming device and try again.
You can try to clear the app cache and data from your device. Also, if you are using a mobile browser to access Paramount, close the tab, delete the history and try again.
5. Paramount Plus app won’t install
If you have a problem with Paramount Plus app installation, try the following:
- Ensure that you are using a compatible device
- Confirm that you are installing the latest version
- Ensure your device is running on the latest software
- If you are downloading the Android app, force-stop the Google Play Store app and try again
- Ensure your device has enough storage space.
- Clear Google Play Store cache and data.
- Check your internet connection and ensure it is stable.
- Restart your device and try again.
- Ensure you have downloaded the app from a trusted source (Google Play, App Store, Roku Channel Store, etc.).
Sometimes, the problem can happen because you have not given the app the required permission.
For example, the Paramount Plus app needs location, storage, and network connection permissions to continue with the installation. Otherwise, the app won’t install.
6. Paramount Plus app won’t cast to my TV
You can stream Paramount Plus through a Chromecast device. You first have to cast your favorite movie or TV show directly to your TV from your computer, tablet, or device.
But if the app won’t cast, try the following:
- Ensure you are using a supported Chromecast device.
- Check that you are using the latest Paramount Plus app.
- Install the newest version of Android or iOS. The same applies to any other OS.
- Check your network connection. Your streaming device should be on the same network as your Chromecast.
- Disconnect the device you are casting from and your Chromecast from Wi-Fi, then reconnect and try again.
When casting, you have to make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
7. Paramount Plus app keeps freezing
The most common reason why the Paramount Plus app keeps freezing is that your cellular data or Wi-Fi network is slow or unstable. As a result, the app will malfunction and stop working or streaming videos.
Also, low device memory or lack of storage space can cause it to freeze and crash. In most cases, the issues occur when you overload your streaming device’s internal memory with heavy applications, including the Paramount Plus app.
Here is what to do:
- Force-stop the app and reopen it.
- Clear app data and cache.
- Optimize your internet by switching off mobile data or the Wi-Fi router for a few seconds and then switching them back on.
- Turn off your streaming device and restart it.
- Free up some storage space on your device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
You can also update your system software to avoid constant app crashes and freezing.
8. What to do when the Paramount Plus app is not working on Samsung TV
When Paramount Plus is not working on your Samsung TV, you can troubleshoot the issue by following the steps below:
- Cold boot or restart your Samsung TV.
- Update the Samsung TV operating system.
- Delete the Paramount Plus app from the device and download it again.
- Reset the Samsung TV Smart Hub and try again.
Ideally, you have to determine why the app is not working on your TV to find a solution. For example, if you are getting buffering issues, restart the modem or router, then reopen the app. Once you reset your Smart Hub, you will have to use the same credentials to set it again and manage apps.
9. Why Paramount Plus live TV is not working
Paramount Plus allows you to stream live TV with a subscription. But if you have trouble with the service, the first thing you will have to do is provide your IP address or device ID to get a quick fix.
The steps for finding your IP address will be different depending on your devices or service provider. However, a better way is to go to whatismybrowser.com to find out more.
Moreover, you can try the following:
- Disable your VPN or proxy server.
- Check your internet connection.
It would help if you also determined whether the stream has ended.
10. Paramount Plus is not working on Fire Stick
Several reasons can explain why Paramount Plus is not working on your Fire Stick, including an outdated app, corrupted installation files, less storage, and poor internet connection.
You can troubleshoot some of these issues as follows:
- Ensure your Fire Stick meets the minimum requirements to run the Paramount Plus app.
- Check your internet connection to ensure it is at least 4 Mbps.
- Restart your router or modem to refresh the network.
- Restart your Fire Stick and try again.
- Check that you are using the latest version of the Paramount Plus app for your Fire Stick.
- Check to ensure your Fire Stick OS is of the latest version.
- Clear app cache and data from your Fire Stick.
Another step you can take is uninstalling the app from your Fire Stick and reinstalling it.
If you experience a problem with the Paramount Plus app, you’ll first have to determine the reason behind it before finding the solution. For example, you can troubleshoot buffering issues by checking your internet connection.
Ensure you have at least 4 Mbps to ensure uninterrupted streaming. If the app crashes all the time, a quick fix is to uninstall the app from your device and reinstall it or get the latest version.
Why Won’t Paramount Plus Cast