- Encountering an error message when you’re trying to play your favorite PS4 games can be annoying.
- To start fixing this error, verify your account information and update it, then follow the next steps.
- Explore some more useful PS4 fix guides by checking out our extensive PS4 Fix Hub.
- Don’t hesitate to visit our gaming section for a variety of troubleshooting guides and tips.
message shows up when you sign in to your PSN account. This error occurs mostly on newly purchased consoles and on PSN accounts that you haven’t logged into before, but it can happen to anyone.
These complaints about the PS4 sign in error flood PS4 and gaming forums, and they are mostly with no resolution. So, we have analyzed it and discovered several excellent ways to fix it.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to tackle the sign-in problem on your PS4 permanently.
How can I fix the sign-in and logged out errors on PlayStation 4?
What do I do when the PS4 says an error has occurred?
1. Verify your PSN account
Upon purchasing a PS4 console, you were (understandably) eager to try it out immediately and totally forget to verify your PSN account. Without verifying your account, you’ll be told thatan error has occurredwhen you try to sign in.
How do I verify my PSN account?
- Sign up for a PSN account.
- Access your email inbox (Gmail may put this email in the
- Open the
Account registration confirmation.
Click on the link labeled
If you signed up a long time ago, the verification link might’ve expired and won’t work. So, go to the PlayStation website and click the
If you verify your PSN account but still are unable to sign in, then you must update your PSN account information.
2. Update your information on the PSN
Use the website
- Go to your
- Click on
Basic Account Information.
- Modify all the incorrect information here and add the missing ones.
- Save the changes you’ve made on this page.
Use your PS4
- Visit the PlayStation Network and login to your account. You can also update your profile directly from the PS4.
- For PS4, navigate to
3. Update your console firmware
- Power on your PS4 console.
- Connect your PS4 to a stable and fast internet connection.
- Press the
button on your controller.
- Click on
and selectSystem Software Update.
- Select the
Update Using Internet
option and follow the on-screen guide to update the console.
4. Register as a new user with a different email address
Using the PS4
- Power on the PS4 console and go to theNew User
- Click onCreate a User
on your game screen.
- Click onNext
and select the
New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account
- Hit theSign Up Now
button to proceed and follow the usual registration steps.
The user you will create in step 2 only resides on the console and not PSN.
Using the website
- Visit the PlayStation website and click sign up.
- Click on
Skip. You can sign up for PSN at a later time to use the account online.
- For the first-time setup, go to
User 1‘s profile and type in your information and modify your preferences.
- Hit theNext
- Users who are under 18 will need an adult to help approve their accounts. However, those over 18 years can do it themself and continue to enter their billing details.
- Enter an Online ID.
- Modify your sharing settings, as well as that of Friends and Messages.
- Sign in to the email account with which you registered your PSN account and find an email from PayPal.
- Open this email and click on the verification link to verify your new account.
5. Log in with another PS4 console
Users who got the
an error has occurred PS4 sign in
error have fixed it by simply logging in to their account on a different PS4 console.
If you have another console or know someone who does, you can make use of that.
On a side note, you may want to confirm that the person logs out of your PSN account on their console. With your account logged in, they can make purchases with your cards.
After logging out of the console, try logging in to your PSN account again. The error should be cleared.
6. Change the Privacy Settings to No One
- Turn on your PS4 console.
- On the Home menu, go to
- Navigate to
- Click on
- On the Privacy Settings page, modify every setting toNo One.
- First, click onGaming | Media.
next to the item and change the dropdown menu option to
At this point, you have to repeat the steps on all the options under
Friends | Connections
andPersonal Info | Messaging.
You can also access the
Privacy settings from the website via this link.
What do you do when your PS4 keeps logging out?
You should stay logged on to your console. However, if you’re getting
logged out of PS4 because an error has occurred, follow the next steps to resolve it.
- Sign out the account with the issue from the PS4 system.
- Turn off your PS4 console.
- Visit the PlayStation website on your internet browser.
- For desktop: Sign out and sign back in, if you are already logged in. Then, sign out again.
- For smartphones:
- iOS: Tap and hold the refresh button and selectRequest Desktop Site.
- Android: Tap the three dots on the upper right-hand corner and tap ofDesktop Site.
- Sign in to your PlayStation account.
- Sign out of the account.
- Power on your PlayStation console.
When registering your PS4 account, if you are under 18 years old, it’s not a good idea to increase your age because you won’t be able to add billing information. Get an adult to help you out.
With these methods, you will easily remove the error and sign in to your account. The solutions on this page will also fix the problem on PS4 logging you out.
Ps4 Keeps Logging Me Out