Can’t figure out why the Amazon Prime Video app not working on Samsung TV yet? Here’s everything you need to know about the issue and how to enjoy the best of Prime Video on the big screen.
We have come a long way from being dependent on the tyrannical cable TV companies for the entertainment experience we enjoy. With the advent of the World Wide Web, came along the ability to enjoy on-demand video content, which not only gave you the freedom to watch all sorts of content at your convenience but do it all without a single annoying advertisement.
- Sky Box Keeps Saying no Listings Available – Here’s How to Fix It
- How to Fix: There was an Error Connecting to the Apple ID Server
Premium subscription streaming services such as Amazon Prime Video have been the center of attention in the past decade, and their popularity has forced even TV manufacturers to build their products around these services. Samsung has been offering a long range of Smart HDTVs for years, most of which come with Amazon Prime Video preinstalled.
How to Fix Prime Video App Not Working on Samsung TV
Several users have reported that the Amazon Prime Video app does not seem to work with their Samsung Smart TV. The problem is faced by new users, as well as users who could watch and enjoy the Prime Video service earlier but can’t anymore.
Fix #1: Perform a hard reboot
It is an age-old solution reiterated by every tech-savvy person out there, but you’d be surprised by how effective turning off and then turning on the system can be.
- Press and hold the Power button on the Samsung TV until it turns off.
- You can also choose to disconnect the power cable of the Samsung TV.
- Leave the device without power for 30 seconds and then turn it on again.
Fix #2: Check the internet connection
Reports all across the user forums suggest that connectivity issues of the Smart TV can lead to the Amazon Prime Video app crashing unexpectedly, without any error message.
- Turn off the wireless router by unplugging it from the power source for 30 seconds.
- Plug the router back in and check to see if the connectivity issue is resolved.
- If you’re using an ethernet cable with the TV, make sure that the line is securely attached between the TV and the router.
Fix #3 – Update the Samsung TV software
Samsung tends to release software updates for the Smart TV over time, which are meant to optimize the system and fix issues such as the Prime Video app not working on Samsung TV.
- Turn on the Samsung TV and press the Home button on the remote control.
- Using the arrow keys, head to the Settings section.
- Navigate to Support – Software Update – and select Update Now on the screen.
Fix #5 – Delete and reinstall the app
In case the Amazon Prime Video app has not been automatically updated, you can remove it from the TV and install it again to see if the issue is fixed.
- On the Samsung TV screen, navigate to the Apps section.
- Select the app and press Delete to remove it from the list.
- Now, using the Search option, look up Amazon Prime Video again and press Install on the screen.
Do let us know which of the mentioned fixes worked best for you to resolve the issue of the Prime Video app not working on Samsung TV.
Samsung Smart Tv Prime Video